SHEMA YISRAEL ADONAI ELOHEINU ADONAI ECHAD


Thursday, October 14, 2010

Couldn't Go To Sleep Tonight

Taken from another blog I wrote a while back.


You have made me and fashioned me,
Giving me life when I had none.
My thirst you quench completely
And I rejoice in thee My G-D.
I have called upon you with all my strength,
For my soul longs for your presence.
Your beauty and your holiness,
Who, Oh who can understand!

When I seek with joy your wisdom,
You satisfy me from above.
You enrich my life and bless it.
How amazing is your love!

At nights like this I cannot sleep
Cannot be still, cannot forget;
All the wonders you have shown me,
Feels like manna is my bread.

      L-rd I want to know you better,
Have a closer walk with thee.
I want your name to be glorified,
When others stop and look at me.
How can I share the love you've given:
What can I do SO others may see?
The awsomeness words can't express,
Without your love don't let them be.
How little of you I've come to know,
And yet I can't but be amazed.
The things for us you chose to show,
Your love, your holiness, your grace!
So many things yet hidden,
And others hard to grasp;
Saved for those that are devoted,
That love and seek all that thou hast.
You have made me for a reason.
You have touched my life indeed.
Please don't let me leave this world,
Without helping others find thee.
L-rd I'm thankful for your blessings,
Your love and your saving grace.
And I couldn't go to sleep tonight,
Without writing you at least a phrase.
Because I have a need to praise you;
A great longing deep within.
I am joyous and must thank you,
For your deliverance from sin.
I will praise you my redeemer,
And sing daily from my heart.
The peace and joy within me,
Are things that only you impart.
Teach me to love you sincerely,
Increase my faith as I walk.
May your Word help me see clearly
Open to me when I knock.

                            By MJ

There are times like this that I cannot sleep.When my heart is filled with praise, so I decided to take the time last night and put this little poem together, trying to express my feelings. I love my L-rd, Blessed be His Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment