SHEMA YISRAEL ADONAI ELOHEINU ADONAI ECHAD


Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Prayer For My Son



L-rd I've been so blessed,
Though I don't deserve.
You've brought so much joy,
To my life with whith this son.
From the very first moment,
When I knew he would come.
I felt overjoyed,
To have my first son.

His first steps came quick,
His smile melt my heart.
His words were so sweet,
All right from the start

He is very sincere,
He's terrific to me,
And a true delight,
To be part of his life.

To be fourteen years,
Is no merit of his.
You have been the One,
Giving this gift to him.

And not only to him,
But to us the whole family;
To have him with us,
Growing in wisdom and happily.

But what I do recognize,
Though he can't choose his age,
Is the fact that he does,
Daily choose to obey.

A great brother no doubt ,
Ideal student in deed,
He makes us so proud,
And feel also relief.

We are so grateful L-rd,
You know our hearts well;
And we ask in our parenting,
You help us excel.

Lord give me wisdom to be,
The mother he needs.
He deserves so much more,
I know I fall short.

Help his father and I,
Guide, and teach him your Word.
Help us be good examples,
Such as seldom is heard.


By:MJ
This past June I wrote this poem for my son David right before his fourteenth birthday. His father and I were talking about how blessed we are to have him. In this day and age when it's so unlikely to see teenagers that honor their parents, it's good to see our son maturing and not have to be making the excuse that, "...he's just going through a stage!" It is such a relief to not have to deal with many of the common teenage problems. Praise be to G-d!



"The father of the rigtheous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bear thee shall rejoice."
Prov 23:24 & 25

No comments:

Post a Comment